Wednesday, December 11, 2002

we chose what day and time henry was born and now we'll do the same with his death. everyone is in. my friend, david abramson, cannot be back from israel in time to officiate at the funeral. the path is clear.

laurie and i have been able to grab a few minutes together here and there and we've had great conversations about henry. thank god for laurie's amazing memory. she is helping me because i am still a blank. she reminded me how when henry learned her cell phone number he became a big abuser. he'd call it every chance he got and left messages like, "hi mom, it's henry. i am just calling you to tell you how happy i am, how much i love you and how beautiful you are. see ya." he'd do this over and over.

i'm glad my mom isn't alive for this. but i am sad that my dad is physically alone. we are here for him as are my sister and his friends, but how hard must it be not to have someone to lay next to in bed and talk about how much you loved your grandson and hear that everything will be alright. henry loves all of his grandparents, aunts, uncles, great aunts, great uncles and friends so much.